What is AmeriCorps?
AmeriCorps engages thousands of Americans of all ages and backgrounds for a year of service. The program founded in 1994, has engaged more than 800,000 AmeriCorps members who have contributed more than 1 billion hours in service across America.
AmeriCorps VISTA: VISTA (Volunteer in Service to America) provide indirect service for organizations by creating and implementing programs that focus on poverty.
AmeriCorps State and National: provide direct service to the organization to effectively utilize volunteers to meet critical community needs.
AmeriCorps NCCC/FEMA Corps: this program brings together young adults, ages 18-24 to work as a team during four, six-eight week periods of time with a different non-profit organizations.
Benefits of AmeriCorps:
- Skills for the future
- Living allowance of $13,992 for a full 46½ weeks of service (National Direct) or a range of $12,311 – $15,000 annually (VISTA.) Plus $100 per pay period living stipend.
- Health insurance and workers compensation insurance (or equivalent)
- Education award of $6,095.
- Forbearance of qualified student loans and payment of interest that accrues during the term of service.
Positions at Richmond Habitat:
- Construction Crew Leader- 1 position still available.
- Position description available HERE!
- Construction Project VISTA- POSITION FILLED!
All positions are slated to start in August 2019!
How do I apply?
We are currently recruiting members in the above available positions. We will conduct a first round phone interview with appropriate applicants, followed by in-person or skype interviews. Final acceptance into the program is subject to a background check and a potential phone interview with Habitat International.
To apply for any of the above positions, applicants should complete the online application on the AmeriCorps website, as well as send a resume and cover letter to Whitney Guthrie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also contact Whitney for any questions regarding AmeriCorps.