What is AmeriCorps?
AmeriCorps engages thousands of Americans of all ages and backgrounds for a year of service. The program founded in 1994, has engaged more than 800,000 AmeriCorps members who have contributed more than 1 billion hours in service across America.
AmeriCorps VISTA: VISTA (Volunteer in Service to America) provide indirect service for organizations by creating and implementing programs that focus on poverty.
AmeriCorps State and National: provide direct service to the organization to effectively utilize volunteers to meet critical community needs.
AmeriCorps NCCC/FEMA Corps: this program brings together young adults, ages 18-24 to work as a team during four, six-eight week periods of time with a different non-profit organizations.
Benefits of AmeriCorps:
- Skills for the future
- Living allowance of $15,890 for a full 46½ weeks for National/Direct AmeriCorps members or $13,200 annually for VISTA.
- Health insurance and workers compensation insurance (or equivalent)
- Education award of $6,195.
- Forbearance of qualified student loans and payment of interest that accrues during the term of service.
Positions at Richmond Habitat:
Positions still open for 2020 and would start in August!
- Construction Crew Leader,National
- 4 Positions
- Position description available HERE!
- ReStore Volunteer Coordinator, VISTA
- 1 Position
- Position Description available HERE!
How do I apply?
We are currently recruiting members in the above available positions. We will conduct Zoom calls for interviews. Final acceptance into the program is subject to a background check and a potential phone interview with Habitat International.
To apply for any of the above positions, applicants should complete the online application on the AmeriCorps website, as well as send a resume and cover letter to Whitney Guthrie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also contact Whitney for any questions regarding AmeriCorps.