Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity is in the middle of a Faith Build which started in the early Fall. The project is due for completion in February, but we would love to have you help us anytime throughout the year. We build year round, and have additional projects that can engage all ages and interests throughout the year!
- This can include volunteering on our builds or ReStore, https://www.richmondhabitat.org/get-involved/volunteer/
- Youth programs, https://www.richmondhabitat.org/youth/
- And, coming in 2017 Global Village Trips….more information coming soon on this program!!
If your church is interested in partnering with us in the future, please contact Whitney Guthrie at (804) 232-7001 ext. 112 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Habitat, our primary catalyst for faith engagement is through our Faith Council The Faith Council is composed of faith leaders from churches and other religious/spiritual organizations and serves as a way to facilitate their involvement with Habitat for Humanity.
The mission of the Faith Committee is to recognize, celebrate, provide support for, organize, reach out to, and increase participation from faith organizations in the activities of the Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity.
In order to carry out its mission, the Faith Committee will do the following:
- Support current connections and faith communities.
- Seek to grow the Faith Committee by identifying and cultivating faith communities that are not yet currently involved in the work of Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity.
- Plan activities and events that coincide with Habitat’s goal to engage and incorporate faith communities.
- Further secure Richmond Habitat’s identity within Richmond, Henrico County, and Chesterfield County as an active and engaged advocate for the improvement and prosperity of these communities.
- Provide an opportunity to put faith into action with tangible results.
- Inspire others to grow spiritually.