LEGO Blitz Build- Saturday, November 14th 2015
Ages: 5-12 & Families
Thank you for all those that participated!!! Find pictures of this year’s event HERE!
How it works…
Build A LEGO House
· Participate in the LEGO-Blitz build in teams of three to compete for prizes and learn about Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity.
· Categories: Ages 5-12, & Families
· Registration Fee: $10/person.
Youth Leadership Council
Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity is taking applications for our NEW Youth Leadership Council! We are looking for local student leaders who want to help us plan future community projects and engage all age youth in Habitat events throughout the year!!
Youth that should apply:
- Interested in getting involved with the mission of Habitat for Humanity- to provide safe, affordable homes to deserving families in the Greater Richmond area.
- Want to work with a diverse group of peers to help plan and organize Habitat events for youth of all ages.
- Interested in learning about affordable housing issues in their community.
- Want to help us reach our goal of a Youth United Build in 2015!.
- Email Whitney at email@example.com for more information on the YLC!
Cardboard City Challenge
In 2015, Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity will be hosting our third Cardboard City Challenge! This event is open to youth ages, 13-18. Each team must have at least 2 members. There is no maximum team size, but your team will have to fit in your shack!
What is the Cardboard City Challenge?
Teams spend a night in cardboard boxes or constructed shacks in order to draw attention to housing issues, advocate for affordable housing, and educate participants on Habitat and why everyone should have a safe place to call home!
How do I sign up?
Each individual will need to register. The registration is $20.
What is included in the Registration?
T-shirt, dinner, breakfast, and fun!
- We will provide all the materials to construct your shack.
- Each person will be given a list of what to bring.
- Each team can bring one item to incorporate in to their shack.
- Each team must have at least one adult volunteer who helps during the duration of the event.
- Prizes are awarded for the shack constructions, as well as for fundraising!
What is the fundraising goal?
Set a fundraising goal of $100. There will be a prize awarded for the team that raises the most money for Habitat!
How long is the event?
The event registration starts at 5PM on Friday and ends at 7:30AM on Saturday!
What do teams do for nearly 14 hours???
- We do an orientation to Habitat & tour of Habitat build projects
- The shack building competition
- Games (both educational and just for fun)
- Affordable Housing Movie
- Service projects for Habitat (done on site for Habitat homeowners)
- Movie and sleep
For more information contact Whitney Guthrie, Director of Community Engagement, firstname.lastname@example.org!