What We Accept
We can’t offer items for purchase without donations from other homeowners. So, next time you replace or get rid of an item in your home, consider donating it for use in someone else’s. Your donation not only helps support Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity’s mission but also works to preserve and protect our environment by recycling. From cars to home décor, we accept a variety of items. Browse the list below, and don’t hesitate to bring in a donation if you have something that would be a good fit for the ReStore. Also see what’s in the ReStore.
- Must be clean and in 100% working condition
- Must have all knobs, trays, burners, shelves, etc.
- Must be 5 years old or newer
- Only complete cabinets with all doors and drawers
- Must be free of rot and in usable condition
- We do not accept vanity sinks without cabinets
- Only new carpet, linoleum, and tile will be accepted
- We accept new and clean vinyl and ceramic tile
- Wood furniture in good condition with no broken pieces or parts
- Upholstered furniture in very good condition. We will not accept worn upholstery or upholstery with rips, tears, stains, broken parts, or animal odors
- Your car may be worth more as a donation than a trade-in because you get an itemized tax deduction based on the retail value of your vehicle. If your car still has value (it runs or only simply needs repairs), then you can get a significant tax saving by donating it. If you have a vehicle that you would like to donate, please call the ReStore office at 804-228-1305
- Must be in excellent condition and free of holes
- Must not have rot, cracks, or separating
- Doorknobs must be removed and bagged to sell separately
- We accept electrical parts, lights, wire, and hardware associated with electrical wiring.
- We only accept new or nearly new light fixtures in working order
- We accept full and ½ sheets of new plywood
- We accept full lengths of lumber or trim (8ft minimum). Donated items must be free of rot, nails, and screws
- Must be clean and in usable condition.
- Toilet tanks must include a tank top
- Shingles must be in complete packages
- No metal roofing is accepted
- We will only accept working, flat panel, non-cathode ray tube (CRT) televisions.
- Must be in like new condition.
- We only accept whole windows, we do not accept just window sashes.
Acceptable items are subject to frequent change. Legal restrictions and limited storage capacity prevent the acceptance of some items. Please call if you are unsure about the acceptability of your donation. If we are unable to accept your donation, ask for a list of other facilities that may be able to assist you.
We do not accept
- Consignment of materials
- Trade materials
- Used carpet
- Cabinet doors or drawers by themselves
- Vanity sinks without cabinets
- Window sashes
- All donations are subject to ReStore employee approval.
Call our donation desk at (804) 228-1305 today to check quality, age, and usability of your items.