Browse the qualifications below to see if you may be a candidate for purchasing a home. You may be surprised to learn that you qualify!
- Earn between 30% – 80% of the Area Median Income. The numbers vary depending on family size. Please note, houses may require a higher minimum income. Click here to see the income ranges for your family size.
- Credit Requirements. There is no minimum required credit score. For more details please click here.
- Have a need for housing. If you are living in substandard housing, unsafe environment, are overcrowded, cost burdened, are in need of handicap accessibility, or cannot qualify for a traditional mortgage on your own.
- Perform Sweat Equity. Sweat Equity is required volunteer hours that you can obtain through working on your home, the homes of others in our program, working at the ReStore, attending classes and one-on-one budgeting meetings.
- Attend Homebuyer Education. Monthly classes are to help you prepare for homeownership.
- Down Payment. A $1000 down payment is due at the time of house selection, at closing you are responsible for your first year’s homeowner’s insurance premium. Average insurance premium, $500.
Our program works best with a Can-Do Attitude and Willingness to Partner with Habitat. If you are prepared to make a serious long term commitment and are ready to work toward your dream of homeownership, we would love for you to apply.
Please click the button below for information on our special discount for former military members: