Lend A Helping Hand
As a volunteer, you’ll:
•Keep construction costs low by providing free labor and services. More than 34,000 volunteers have built with Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity since 1986. That’s over 68,000 hands that have touched the lives of Richmond families.
- Form bonds with homeowners and other volunteers, crossing socio-economic, racial, and cultural lines, and strengthening and uniting the fabric of our community.
- Find a deeper understanding of your faith and putting your personal beliefs into action.
We have countless opportunities for volunteers to help in the fight for affordable housing. From working on one of our build sites to working in the ReStore, volunteers can make a difference in a variety of ways.
- You MUST have on close-toed shoes (sneakers or work boots)! This applies to the ReStore and Build Sites.
- Dress appropriately for the work sites in clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty- Examples: comfortable shorts, long pants, t-shirts.
- Be on time! For builds at 8:30 a.m. or for your designated shift time at the ReStore.
- When it is hot outside, please remember to hydrate 24-48 hours before coming out to volunteer. Water is provided at the site.
- Sunscreen and a hat are remarkable tools to have for the day!
If you are interested in volunteering with Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity, please contact Whitney Guthrie (804) 232-7001 ext. 112 or email@example.com. You may also sign up online.