Lend A Helping Hand
- Keep construction costs low by providing free labor and services. More than 34,000 volunteers have built with Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity since 1986. That’s over 68,000 hands that have touched the lives of Richmond families.
- Form bonds with homeowners and other volunteers, crossing socio-economic, racial, and cultural lines, and strengthening and uniting the fabric of our community.
- Find a deeper understanding of your faith and putting your personal beliefs into action.
We have countless opportunities for volunteers to help in the fight for affordable housing. From working on one of our build sites to working in the ReStore, volunteers can make a difference in a variety of ways.
Please remember when volunteering with us…
- You MUST have on close-toed shoes (sneakers or work boots)! This applies to the ReStore and Build Sites.
- Dress appropriately for the work sites in clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty- Examples: comfortable shorts, long pants, t-shirts
- Must complete our volunteer waiver each year for both the builds and the ReStore. This can be found above the volunteer calendar when you Sign Up!
- You MUST email email@example.com for Court Related Community Service!
We build year round, Wednesday-Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Throughout the year we work on new builds, rehabs, and critical home repairs.
- Be on time! The safety talk and orientation begins at 8:00 a.m.
- All tools and materials will be available on site.
- You must be at least 16 years old to be on a build!
- When it is hot outside, please remember to hydrate 24-48 hours before coming out to volunteer. Water is provided at the site.
- Sunscreen and a hat are remarkable tools to have for the day!
Our ReStore is open year round, Monday-Saturday. Volunteers help with donations, processing, sorting and organizing them. They work in the different departments tomerchandise and help customers. You can sign up as an individual or a group for a full day or half day shift.
Warehouse Volunteer: helping with general warehouse merchandising and customers.
ReStore Project Days: these are days that we will be receiving large amounts of donations and need larger numbers of volunteers.
- Be on time! The safety talk and orientation begins at 9:30 a.m.
- You must be at least 14 years old to volunteer at the ReStore. At 14 and 15 years old you must have an adult volunteer with you.
For more information, please contact Whitney Guthrie, Volunteer Talent Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org OR 804-232-7001.