If you stop to think about it, “home” is probably a word most take for granted. For some, however, home, and the safety and security it entails, can feel like an unattainable dream.
Habitat for Humanity is committed to making affordable and safe housing a reality for low-income families. And with the help of donations, volunteers, proceeds from our ReStore, and hard work from our homebuyers, we’re making that dream possible for hundreds of residents in the Richmond Metropolitan area.
Habitat for Humanity was founded in 1976 as a non-profit, Christian housing ministry. Since its inception, Habitat has helped build over 400,000 homes for more than 2 million people around the world.
The Richmond chapter joined the affordable housing effort in 1986. Since then, we’ve built more than 300 homes. Along with our partner families, generous volunteers and donors, we have restored the hope and dignity that poverty housing often strips away.
Vision and Mission
Our vision is to break the cycle of poverty by providing affordable homes to people in the Greater Richmond area. In partnership with God’s people, our mission is to create strong communities by building simple, decent homes.
- Ensure that Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity is a strong and viable organization.
- Expand the human and financial resources available to help build.
- Expand the impact of our services.
- Influence public policy by educating policy makers and implementers.
- Promote the faith community relationships of Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity’s ministry.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-33266427-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);